Monday 3 October 2011

Photography

As a keen photographer I derive excitement from capturing the right shot but also joy looking back at photos as they trigger those memories. As much as I enjoy taking photos myself, I am equally fascinated by other people’s images.


One of the most amazing images has to be the Afghan girl taken by Steve Murray. When I was doing volunteer work in South America I was dying to capture a shot of such power, simply through the subject’s eyes he was able to capture the desperation of her world.  Steve McCurray states “I look for the unguarded moment, the essential soul peeking out, experience etched on a persons face. I try to convey what it is like to be that person”. If you would like to see more of his images they can be found on his website http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

No comments:

Post a Comment