Thursday 13 October 2011

Marvellous Marrakech.

Two weeks back I made a last minute decision with friends that a long weekend away was in order. Their main criterion was for some sunshine (of course I couldn’t argue with that) but I was also keen to experience another culture and traditions.

Marrakech ticked all of our boxes and is a city full of hidden jems. Every time we arrived at a destination we were uncertain of what we’d find inside. Despite our initial reservations we were overwhelmed by the elegant and stylish interiors at each venue. Our meals were exceptional and we certainly had a Moroccan feast or two - Dar Zellij and Le Foundouk were two of our favourites.

Of course Morocco was full of fantastic photo opportunities but there were many incidents where people would either beg for money or it just didn’t seem appropriate to take their photo. Despite this I have uploaded a few of my favourites from the trip. They were all taken in the chaotic Souks and I just love the combination of colours. For anyone looking to take a few days break I can thoroughly recommend Morocco as a destination.




No comments:

Post a Comment