Wednesday 9 November 2011

M & S Christmas Commercial.

One of my best friends is known for getting overly excited about Christmas very prematurely. But with the high street shops now stocking Christmas decorations, the numerous celebrities seen all over the UK switching on Christmas lights and Coffee Shops changing to their Christmas themed cups, I can’t dismiss the fact Christmas is coming.

But the pinnacle for me has got to be seeing the latest M & S Christmas commercial. With excitable youngsters, merry parents and sleeping grandparents, the joy of Christmas is evident throughout, with the commercial highlighting the excitement and happiness it brings.


What I find interesting is the use of the current X Factor contestant's who are singing “When You Wish Upon A Star”. The commercial concludes with the written words 'may all your Christmas dreams come true’. It is not only targeting their audience’s dreams but also playing on the idea that for these contestants their Christmas dream is without a doubt to be X factor winner and have the Christmas No.1 single.

I really enjoyed the clip and of course M & S have produced another brilliant Christmas commercial. I can now accept Christmas is nearing. 

1 comment:

  1. Ems, a brilliant write up as usual. You've even taken up space writing a sentence dedicated to me.. thoroughly appreciated! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!! and i love you too xxx

    p.s. I watched Love Actually last night - got to be one of the best Christmas films!

    ReplyDelete